Jelly Roll Slice

, , 11 comments



Jelly Roll Slice is a new free pattern available here from Fat Quarter Shop! It uses precuts and is quick to make even for a relative beginner.

The pattern lends itself to bold graphic color choices, so for fun I decided to go against the grain on this one and use delicate fabrics for a hint of the springtime that I've been missing amidst our recent snow and sleet. I used one sushi roll of Lecien's Princess Rose along with some Essex Linen for texture, and quilted echo lines in various pastel threads.



If you'd like to make this quilt, there's also a video tutorial and quilt kit available, and Fat Quarter shop is having a 15% off sale on Jelly Rolls through February 28, no code needed.

I was thrilled to be approached about being part of this blog hop; Fat Quarter Shop writes excellent, easy to follow patterns and it's been a joy to make this quilt.

This pattern looks quite different when made with bold colors! There's some beautiful renditions of it on the blog hop.

Taunja of Carried Away Quilting
Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs
Terri Ann of Childlike Fascination
Eileen of Eileen in Stitches
Cristy of Love You Sew
Hayley of Moobird Stitches
Shelley of The Carpenter's Daughter Who Quilts
Kathryn of Kathryn Jones Quilts




11 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love this soft, pretty quilt! Lovely fabric and perfect mix with the grey. Did you add a tiny bit of piping in your binding that I see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's subtle since the blue and grey are so close in tone, but I used the Susie's Magic Binding tutorial from 52 Quilts. It's basically a binding strip pieced out of two different fabrics, and machine sewing the binding on along the seam of the two makes a little piping detail.

      Delete
  2. Oooh...how dreamy! This quilt is screaming for a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! And that binding is so cool. I wanted to do something similar for a pillow swap I'm in so I'll go check that out. The quilting is lovely too - it is just so sweet and a very different look than in the bolder colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt turned out lovely and so springy. Your choice of quilting really changes the look of the quilt. I have not tried that magic faux piping binding technique yet but sure looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Dreamy' that's the word that first come to my mind seeing your quilt. Then 'Vintage', 'Girl' and 'Soft' and 'Just perfect'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your choice of the soft gray linen (always love linen!) with those soft prints--wonderful! And your quilting really sets off the different textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I like the soft colors paired with the essex linen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soft colours look so beautiful against the essex linen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hands down my favorite version of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the contrast of the grey with the soft coloured florals. What a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete