WIP: Good Night Irene

, , 5 comments

I thought I'd share some of the quilts I've been making progress on. These blocks are for a Good Night Irene quilt out of Denyse Schmidt fabrics. I'm thinking this will be a Christmas present for my cousin and his wife; they were married a little over a year ago and are just settling into their first home together. I want to piece the back so that it can be two quilts in one - probably a star out of fabrics that show their interests (science, music, dance, language).



 These green stars are for a Dallas Stars hockey themed quilt for a friend. I've made all but 11 blocks for the quilt now, saving the paper pieced ones for last.

I haven't been posting much this month because I've been busy planning a trip - I'm going to be in Ireland all of August and I'm setting everything up for it now! I'm enjoying doing a lot of sewing now while I can.

5 comments:

  1. Great DS fabrics and blocks! And couldn't help linking the green quilt blocks with your upcoming Ireland trip! Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Good Night Irene pattern, and perfect with DS. Have fun in Ireland - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stars! You found a great group of greens. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the X blocks and sixteen patches, those fabrics are gorgeous together! How exciting that you're going to Ireland! That sounds like a once in a lifetime adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered what you'd been up to, as I checked your blog a couple of times! Not sure if you can fit it in with your trip now and all your projects, and it might be too late now, but have you heard of the New Bloggers group and Hop that's coming up? If you email or go to Cheryl (Meadow Mist Designs) or Yvonne (Quilting JetGirl) or Stephanie (Late Night Quilter) and one more whose name escapes me, you might be able to get in on it! Great group with lots of learning happening! That green quilt just glows! And I like your idea of 2 quilts in 1. ;-)

    ReplyDelete