WIP Wednesday - Chevrons

, , 8 comments

Back to working on the first quilt I ever started, which is my ALYoF goal for April!

The points definitely aren't perfect, but it's not too bad for the first time sewing in over a decade and my first start at a quilt. This quilt is 18 squares across and 22 rows down using Moda's Into the Woods charm pack. I've had all the rows sewn and numbered for a couple weeks. Today I sewed the top 13 rows together. 

I haven't decided yet if I want to quilt this with a pale mint green that will be subtle against the white or if I want to go bright with a cherry red. I'll be straight line quilting this, though, probably in a horizontal zigzag.

I've got a busy week for my day job so I don't anticipate much time for quilting the next few days. I'm a freelance artist and I've got new comics that I worked on launching at a convention this weekend, so I'm currently finishing up everything for my con table. 



8 comments:

  1. This is a very striking quilt. Very nice fabric choices,against the white background. I will love to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary B here:
    This looks superb. I love the colors you chose.
    Don't be like me and just finish lots of quilt tops and hang them on hangers waiting for the day to be quilted.
    I am great at making and finishing tops, but ....
    This is a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary, thanks for stopping by!

      I'm making sure I finish this one up in April, otherwise I'm afraid it'll sit around as a top forever.

      Delete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me the versatility and variety in using HSTs in a quilt top! You make me want to race to my fabric and DO this quilt! Love the bright happy colours. Love Moda, what can I say. Exciting about the launch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really so many patterns you can do out of HSTs! That's actually one of the things that got me interested in quilting, looking at all the bright modern HST quilts on Pinterest.

      Delete
  4. This quilt looks great, I love the design and the fabric collection you used.

    ReplyDelete