A Flimsy Finish

, , 3 comments


I've just finished a quick new quilt top today; I suddenly wanted to cut into the fat quarters of Anna Maria Horner's Pretty Potent that I had in my stash, and there wasn't really much total yardage so I added the borders from a grey I had on hand and flying geese from the last scraps left. I really enjoyed working on this as the limited amount of the fabric on hand forced me to get creative. I actually love how the grey makes everything pop more, and the partial border is more interesting to me than if I'd had enough fabric to do full rows of flying geese.

Now if only I had any idea how to quilt this! I can't decide on a design.






3 comments:

  1. I love corner borders like yours. They add so much interest. I need more of AM Horner fabric. Yep. Need. You did a great job on the flying geese too, nice and crisp and perfect points! As for quilting this lovely piece, I would do a simply meander of some kind over the centre as the fabric is so busy. In the grey (negative) space...well! I see some "ghost" geese, and definitely feathers (my fave, but here they have extra meaning)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this quilt is great. It's partly the AMH fabric but also that you've done some unusual things with it. Those corner, for example, really work and I love the gray. When I'm stumped for a quilting motif, I let it sit a while so my brain can work through whatever has me hesitating. Just leave it hanging on the wall for a while so that you see it often and something will happen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete