Midnight Mystery Quilt - June

, , 1 comment

I've finally made my fabric selections for the 2015 Midnight Mystery Quilt-Along being run by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs. I've gone with four Cotton and Steel fabrics from different collections. The mystery quilt is a new challenge for me in that I don't know what the final design will be, and I've decided to take that one step further and go with a color palette very far from my comfort zone. 

This color palette is bold and masculine, and I suspect at the end of the quilt-along this quilt may be destined for my cousin Will, a stage and lighting designer who just moved out to the midwest.

If you are interested in joining the Mystery Quilt-Along, the details are here. Cheryl will be sending out a new set of instructions for the quilt each month from June 2015 to March 2016 to keep us on our toes so that the final quilt is a surprise. It's never too late to join in! 

Have you ever done a quilt-along? Was it with a local quilting group, or online?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love your colour choices, Eileen! I've finally(?) pulled mine (I have 2--can't decide!) and need to put them up on the blog.

    ReplyDelete